Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Week 2

Day 11, the start of week 3 here at ETA/Cuisenaire

While many people, like those on the panel for last week's Lunch & Learn, have those oh-so-rare-but-necessary-and-eye-opening epiphanies about what they want in life, I have yet to experience such an "a-ha" moment. But, if I were to take anything away from these past two weeks, I think my timing is just fine. In fact, I've had a different kind of realization.

Last week, I had the opportunity to attend a team meeting, a department meeting, and a vendor meeting. These meetings exposed me to anything from financial numbers to new marketing campaign ideas to new creative designs. Little by little, I'm beginning to understand the pieces and intricacies that, together, make and run this company. Each day, a little "a-ha" is going off in my brain, and I am constantly impressed by how many moving parts make up a company. I can only hope that I will be able to walk away from my 10 weeks here with some initial understanding of how a company operates. Until then, I look forward to all those little "a-ha" moments that better my understanding of business and marketing here at ETA/Cuisenaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment