Friday, July 29, 2011

Week Six

This week’s blog question challenges us to come up with three things that are “non negotiable” for our first job out of college. At this point in time I still really have no idea what I want to do out of college; so I guess this is about as good a way to narrow it down as any. Still though, since I don’t know what I want, I don’t really know how to narrow it down… Leaves me no choice but to leave these standards as broad as possible

1) I don’t want to live in the South, therefore I cannot take a job in the South. Not because I don’t like the people, the way of life or anything like that, I honestly hate hot weather. Heat is just not for me. I would say my ideal day is high 50’s and cloudy.
2) I think I would want to work in an environment where there are other fresh grads around. Especially if I move to a place I am unfamiliar with, I would like to be around and work with other people around my age.
3) I want to work in a friendly/fun/energetic work environment, I am still getting used to sitting at a desk for eight hours a day, and I don’t think I could do it if everyone around me was low energy and kept to themselves.

So that is what I have so far; I want a job that hires other recent college grads, who have energy, not in the South. Not that limiting really, but I guess I got to start somewhere. It appears I really need to sit down and do some thinking in the next couple months about all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment