Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Week 6

Week 6's question about first job non-negotiables took me by surprise. Given the current job market, who really cares about my non-negotiables? Finding a job is a challenge in itself. Finding a first job that aligns with my non-negotiables is like climbing Mount Fuji - certainly possible, but certainly a hell of a long and strenuous hike, too. *This is an over-dramatization.*

Unfortunately, a small part of me has harbored this cynical point of view about job-hunting for quite some time; the state of the economy influences job offers to some extent, and the economy is obviously not at its best right now.

However, a bigger part of me knows that the cards are in my hands to achieve my dreams. As I keep my eye on the prize - to work in fashion - my non-negotiables will ensure that I sustain an appetite for curiosity, surround myself with positive energy, and have personal fulfillment in my career.

1. I want to work with dynamic thinkers who will challenge me to think outside the box.

2. I want to do valuable work and understand how my puzzle piece fits into the company's mission. In addition, I want to be a part of defining that mission and my own.

3. New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment