Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week Two

I am not quite sure what my “aha” moment has been. In the Lunch and Learn the speakers tended to use it to reference some instance where they realized something somewhat monumental in regards to their career. I don’t think I have quite got there a week and a half into my first ever legitimate internship… Obviously I still have a ton to learn and a lot of time to decide if what I am learning is what I want to do after college, but a couple of things I have realized thus far:

1) Waking up at 7am is not fun.
2) I need more dress shirts
3) Video editing is not easy
4) People don’t know what the term cornhole means (bags, baggo, same thing)
5) There is (debatably) some actual use to twitter and facebook

Overall though, this has really been a great experience thus far. One thing I have definitely realized is how important it is to like what you’re doing. Some things I am working on here, I really like, and it makes time fly and everything seem enjoyable.
Unfortunately that works in the complete opposite way when I do things that aren’t my favorite; maybe that “aha” moment can just be simplified to finding a career you truly enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment