Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 1

Hello! My name is Jordan and I'm working for Daigger, primarily as a marketing intern. In this position, I'm currently conducting research to provide new information that will be presented on the company's website; eventually, I will be working with one of my managers to both find a compelling means of presenting this information on the website and to enhance the overall presence of the Daigger on the web. Having worked at a pool as a lifeguard for the past 3 summers, my internship at Daigger couldn't be any more different from what I'm accustomed to. Yet I'm extremely excited for the weeks to come and am eager to learn as much as possible about working for this company. Moreover, I can't wait to collaborate with my fellow summer scholars on our social media-focused final project.

As I sit writing this at my desk here at Daigger at the end of my first week here, I'm surprised not only at how quickly I'm adapting to the 8-hour work day I've never before experienced but also by the rapid approach of the real world. It's pretty cool to be here as a rising senior in college and fully partake in the entirely foreign universe of office life. I think one of the best parts of this week has been the Lunch and Learn with Rick Woldenberg, the CEO of Daigger. He sat down with the summer scholars to answer our questions regarding his position, the challenges he has faced, his path towards becoming a CEO, and so on. It was truly fascinating to hear about his experiences, thoughts, and opinions, and I look forward to finding out what the other Lunch and Learns have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment