Thursday, June 23, 2011

Week 1

My name is Ellen and I am working in Product Development at Heathrow Scientific. As Julie mentioned, this is our first week at work and it has been great. The Heathrow team has been extremely welcoming and helpful in bringing me up to date with the happenings of the company. Mic, my boss, has been proactive about exposing me to the different components of product development and the company in general, a perk of working at a small company. I have enjoyed the opportunity to sit in on meetings to learn about the dynamics between the Product Development, Sales, and Marketing teams.

Yesterday, we had our first Lunch and Learn. We were able to ask questions to Rick Woldenberg, the CEO of Daigger. His background in chemical engineering and law, and his experience in working in a family business gave him a unique perspective on the role of a leader. He was insightful and well-spoken in giving us advice for our future careers. Julie also introduced the project that all of the interns will work on together. We are going to focus on media marketing, an area that I am excited to explore. I look forward to learning from the other interns, especially because we all have different academic backgrounds and skills to bring to the table.

It is interesting to see how my classes at Northwestern are applied to an actual company. I think this will be one of the most rewarding aspects of this internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment